Pages

Monday 15 September 2014

Shaolin Week 34. No I haven't quit.


Shaolin Kung Fu Week 34. 8th - 14th September 2014

The past (missing) 14 weeks have been intensely busy.
I've been sick 3 times (from burning the candle ie  missing sleep).
Training up to 4 days a week, as well as working at QUT full time hours
and running a coffee roasting company I started 12 months ago.
Plus after spending every spare moment with my wife and daughter, there has just not been any time to write things down on a website.
But I'm still at it and lets be sure I haven't quit.

Weight 78kg. 10% bodyfat.
Core is a lot stronger.
Flexibility is a lot better both static and dynamic.
And  feel generally a lot stronger.
Ankle injury has completely healed now and have strengthened the area a great deal.

I've also been chosen to join the Sholin Kung Fu Guan performance team and officially represent the Shaolin temple here in Australia which is a huge honour . Not to mention an excuse to work a lot harder. Training 1 to 2 session a day 3 days in a row makes a huge difference and how fast I'm progressing.

I have also officially started learning to speak Mandarin, not just learning bits and pieces here and there.

A few of the guys from the Shaolin school are heading over to the temple in China next month, but I cant make it this time round. Have already started saving to make it there next time in 2016. By then I aim to have a firm grasp on the language which will add to the experience.

I'll try to keep up with the blog from now. Its mainly for my own reference anyhow.

Zài Jiàn



No comments:

Post a Comment