Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Shaolin kung fu day 4 (one month)

It's now been a month since I first started training shaolin kung fu. I was hoping be to be drilled again as i was feeling up for it and wanted to test myself. and BAM !! .  That's just what we got.
Our teacher was away so the class was taken by an advanced student. A lovely chap with a welcoming smile who took us through the hardest warm up session I've ever experienced in all the years I've trained in martial arts. Ha ha. 

To the point where I couldn't complete most of the exercises.  I couldn't lift my chest off the ground once more.  I could hardly stand up without first rolling to the side and use my elbows as my arms were numb. 
This is actually what I was hoping for.  I've learnt a lot about my limits in a LOT of area's all in one session.  So plenty to work on through the week. 

After that we went on to form practice which was a nice change.
Still loving the styles so as of March 1st I'll be increasing my training to twice a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment