Pages

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Shaolin Kung Fu day 3

I was hoping to be completely drilled again this week as I've been working on lung capacity and breath control. That was where I failed on the first day as I almost passed out.

And that's totally what we got. drilled hardcore. I had the breathing under control and was getting through it. Hard yes but coping. And just when I thought I was going to get through, it stepped up a level.
Upper body this time. Arm control and conditioning. Muscles I didn't know existed suddenly yelled HELLLOOOOO!!!

I've had 3 years experience in the past at Taekwondo and Hapkido and had built up a lot of leg strength and control, which is quickly returning, however my poor weak upper body didn't do so well. There were even types of crunches I've not seen before, cant remember the name of, and couldn't complete even one of them. But I wasn't the only one on my back laughing at being incapable so I didn't feel to out of place.

Overall It was a good night, and I'm progressing at a steady pace. All the breathing exercises I've done through the week have given me about 3 times the lung capacity so I'm happy with that.
I've also gained back a lot of my flexibility and the Intuflow program is helping heaps with that.
Ill be progressing onto the Intermediate Intuflow program in a few days.

Shaolin is awesome, loving learning new skills, and keen to take it as far as my 37 year old body will let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment